tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] My AI - comments on splitting/repositioning of 'Prerequisites' content

Stephen:

I didn't mean to make this ID scheme a general "best practice" rule...
But only for our own examples, for the reader to relate more easily Tas
and requirements, for convenience.

I thought we could have an editorial note like this:

"In order for the reader to easily relate the examples of test
assertions presented in the guideline, to the normative statements that
they address, this guideline uses the following conventions:
Whenever a test assertion is addressing a requirement of ID "xyz" in the
"widget" specification, a TA addressing this requirement will have an ID
of the form: widget-TAxyz-abc, where "abc" is an optional
sub-identifier, e.g. in case several TAs address the same requirement."

I think this can help in our guideline, as we jump back and forth to
requirements in previous sections, showing TA variants, etc.

I'll leave it to users to decide their own scheme... Maybe we could warn
them to be aware that the relationship between requirements and Tas can
be many-to-many.

Jacques