tag message

Subject: Comment received about markup

Just to note we have received a comment on the comment list

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag-comment/200908/msg00000.html

regarding test assertion markup.

G. Ken Holman's comment concerns examples and a constraints
definition (schema or equivalent) and I've responded unofficially.
We should probably make an official disposition and response to
say whether the next public review after this one will include the
markup specification, schema and examples. In the meantime I
have pointed Ken to our wiki page which has the in-progress
"Test Assertion Markup Language" schema and examples listed.

Ken's comment mentions RelaxNG as a possible constraint
language for defining the markup. I think converting from our
existing W3C XML Schema to RelaxNG would be problematic (the
tool I use doesn't seem to be able to do it to give us a head start
and I'm not familiar with writing RelaxNG schemas (not so much as
W3C XML Schemas) but if anyone can do this maybe it is worth
considering at least. Default language is probably fairly assumed to
be W3C XML Schema though and that appears to be adequate, so
far at least. Maybe it might provoke a comment if/when we submit
the markup for public review.
---
Stephen D Green