tag message

Subject: TAG TC 2011-03-17 Meeting Minutes

Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) TC Teleconference Meeting

Date: Thursday 17 March 2011

Time: 03:00pm (PDT), 22:00Z

CONTINUING ACTION: Everyone review the draft changes and any other adjustments that are noticed before we revise the TA Model and TA Markup drafts for a new cycle of CSD, Public Review, and Committee Specification Approval.

   See these list notices and any subsequent ones discussing changes:

   TA Model: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201102/msg00008.html>

      <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201103/msg00009.html>

   TA Markup: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201102/msg00010.html>

Logistics:

----------

Thursday 3pm (PDT), 22:00Z, 17 March 2011

[Note: This was a special date and time to work around some travel conflicts.  The next meeting will return to Tuesday at 21:00Z on the normal two-week cycle.]

Host confcall: Fujitsu

US Toll Free: 877-995-3314

US Toll/International: 210-339-1806

Passcode: 9589308

Attendance and Quorum

---------------------

MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

4/5 Voting Members attending: 3/5 requirement for quorum was satisfied

  * Jacques Durand, Chair (Fujitsu)

  * Dennis Hamilton, Secretary (Individual)

  * Frederick Boland (NIST)

  * Kevin Looney (Oracle)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (4)

  +: Becomes voting member following this teleconference meeting (0)]

MEMBERS ABSENT

   Dale Moberg (Axway Software)

   Hyunbo Cho (Individual)

   Youngkon Lee (Individual)

   Kyoung_Rog Yi (National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Korea)

= Patrick Curran (Oracle)

   Dmitry Kostovarov, (Oracle)

* Paul Rank (Oracle)

   Victor Rudometov, (Oracle)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (1)

  -: Becomes non-Voting member at conclusion of the meeting (0)

  =: Persistent non-Voting Member at start and conclusion of meeting (1)]

1. ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS

1.1 APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES

  The updated 2011-03-01 Minutes were approved without objection

   <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201103/msg00007.html>

  [Note: A chronological record of minutes is available in the TAG TC Member Section Documents folder named Meeting Notes. This may be easier for locating previous minutes than reviewing the TC list for where the individual minutes are posted.]

1.2 APPROVAL OF AGENDA

  <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201103/msg00010.html>

  The agenda was followed.

1.3 ACTION ITEMS AND JIRA ISSUES

   There are no new or unapplied issues.

   We have not review Action Items in a few meetings.  It appears that we could have closed some more.  The following are continued from November, 2010:

* AI1-Aug17: [Jacques/Dennis] Create an account of the disposition of Public Review comments in an appropriate form.

* AI1-June23: [Kevin] Review the guidelines to see if there is a need for more alignment now that the model document has been refined.

* AI3-June23: [Jacques] Note that the UML diagram must change on test set to align with the change in language.

* AI4-June23 [Jacques] Update the XML Schema for the Markup to reflect the changes being made.

* AI2-June9: [Jacques] Create an issue on the Normative Source Structure and how we propose to simplify it.

2. ROADMAP FOR STANDARD SUBMISSION

Jacques offered a quick review of what we are shooting for:

We want to wrap up the Model and Markup by the March 29 meeting so we can start a Public Review.  We would like it to be a 15-day public review, because the new CSDs will be updates of the previous CSDs, even though those have made it to Committee Specifications.  The roadmap allows for a 30-day review, however.

We would then make two new Committee Specifications (Model and Markup) and, once statements of use are obtained, they could be submitted as Candidate Standards for Public Review in the Summer and OASIS Standard ballot after Summer.

3. PREPARING FOR NEW TA MODEL CSD

We discussed the TA Model Comments from Kevin Mooney.

In reviewing the new section 3.3 being added to the TA Model, Dennis objected to the language about drawing conclusions about the satisfaction of a normative provision because the Test Cases applied on behalf of Test Assertion(s) are claimed to satisfy the TA Predicate.

Discussion around what we mean in 3.3 about having there be no inconsistency between test cases and the TA predicate led to the conclusion that we need to step back and tease this out on the TAG TC List.

4. PREPARING FOR NEW TA MARKUP CSD

There is a question whether we need to have Test Assertion Set in the TA Model.  It appears to be over-engineered and Dennis confessed that he has no idea how to apply it.

Although we can see removing it from the TA Model, it seemed desirable to provide some basic form of Test Assertion container in the TA Markup.

It was not clear in this discussion, which trailed on beyond the end of the call, exactly what was necessary and sufficient.  This seems to be another question to be teased out on the TAG TC List.

5. NEXT MEETING

The next meeting is 2011-03-29 at 21:00Z (02:00pm PDT, 05:00pm EDT)

- Dennis E. Hamilton