tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] TGF TC Editorial discussion meeting - preparatory documents

Thanks very much Peter for all this, great effort.  Can we weave into this the very late comment from Queensland Gov.  It probably fits into one of the existing entries anyway but would be good to acknowledge it.  I suspect we will have to have more than one bite at all this so perhaps we should think about a second working call next week?

All – just to be clear, today’s call (max 1½ hours) is a working call and the intention is to sift through all these comments so we can make recommendations back to the full TC meeting for final approval.  It’s clearly acceptable that if we can’t agree on any particular issue then the matter is deferred for full TC debate and agreement.

John

From: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tgf@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Peter F Brown
Sent: 02 November 2011 06:43
To: 'TGF TC List'

Hi,

Attached you will find two documents for our meeting at 09.30 Pacific / 16.30 GMT / 17.30 CET / 05.30 NZ

-          A complete and updated “Issues from Public Reviews” spreadsheet, extracted from the TC master issues list and with some columns removed to ease reading

-          A short note categorising the issues into four areas:

o   No-brainers; Typos, editorial and other minor stuff, I am proposing that we do not take time on these and ask that you take it on trust – that the editors and proposers have agreed what is needed and doesn’t warrant further attention;

o   Non-contentious: worth flagging up but where there seems to be a consensus or agreement at least with editors and proposers;

o   For discussion: I have “headlined” the main issues we need to discuss. Once those main issues are resolved, all related issues will be disposed of in line with that policy;

o   Non actionable – issues with comments only and no change request

I hope this helps move things along more easily at the meeting – talk later!

Best regards,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

Member of:

Follow me: