Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] mixed feelings

* Lars Marius Garshol

| Why not try a different approach, like the one David Megginson used
| for SAX: start a thread for each issue, with a suitable pause
| between each thread?

* Bernard Vatant

| That's why I had the issues numbered. I was maybe hoping someone
| else would start the respective threads :))

You're the chair, right? :) (I noticed that numbering afterwards.)

* Lars Marius Garshol

| These issues are hard, and will take some time to be
| resolved. Anyone who thinks otherwise is (IMHO) nursing a pleasant
| illusion. I don't think this is *too* hard, but it will take time.

* Bernard Vatant

| That is the point. We had an agenda for deliverables, and clearly
| we've not met this agenda so far. If we keep on piling issues that
| expand constantly our original scope, my concern is not to be caught
| by this expansion and not being able to cope with it - even at the
| speed of light.

Well, I've said all along that I didn't believe in the schedule, and
that's because I saw all these issues (and more) coming. Their
appearance doesn't worry me in the least. In fact, if they hadn't
started to crop up by now I would have been frantic, because I knew
they were there.

We're getting there.

* Lars Marius Garshol

| Absolutely. I've been unhappy about the requirements document all
| along, believing it to be far too fuzzy around the edges, but felt
| it would be more productive to shut up and let the work continue.

* Bernard Vatant

| You are aging, aren't you ;-)

Yeah, right. 8^)

* Lars Marius Garshol

| Position (2) is actually a new thought to me. I didn't think anyone
| was holding it, so I'm surprised to see you "come out of the closet"
| in this way.

* Bernard Vatant

| Maybe I've kept a low profile on it, but it's been in my mind from
| the very begining.  Thinking about it, I should keep it low anyway
| in this TC framework if we want to achieve something in a reasonable
| time span. So I agree we stick to (1) - and eventually open a new
| workspace for (2) when the time is ripe.

I agree. We should do TMs for now, and then, before we finalize, do
experiments with RDF etc to make sure we haven't assumed too much.
Doing it that way will make our lives a lot easier, I think.