Subject: [xtm-wg] Re: Fwd: "Why URLs are good URIs, and why they are not"

Murray,

Check out RDDL, Resource Directory Description Language.
http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=994

An RDDL file at the end of a namespace URL can include links to
DTDs, XML Schemas, RDF Schemas, etc. etc. associated with the
namespace.

An RDDL file at the end of a PSI URL might contain links to e.g. a
definition of the subject by a standards body.

Perhaps it might also contain links to Topic Maps with topics
referencing the PSI. That way someone coming from the standards body
definition could locate relevant Topic Maps.

Regards,

Iain

--- In xtm-wg@y..., Murray Altheim <altheim@e...> wrote:
> FYI. This is an article on the problems of using URLs as
identifiers,
> which obviously has some ramifications for our community as well,
> perhaps even more so than RDF. Interesting nevertheless.

Do you have 128-bit SSL encryption server security?
Get VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your
Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EVNB7A/c.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM