Subject: [xtm-wg] Scoping in Association

Hi,

I want to use "scope" in associations. I read the articles and the
XTM Specification. But I need to use in a practical scenario.

I tried by defining "scope" to the topics.
For example,

<topic id="st-fullname">
</topic>
<topic id="chandra" types="person">
 <topname scope="st-fullname><basename>Chandra
Mohan</basename></topname>
</topic>

Here, scoping in topics is working fine. I don't know how to do
scoping in "Associations".

Moreover, if I want associate between two topics,
for example
"to get all the employees working under specific manager",

I defined the association as follows:

<assoc types="working-under">
 <assocrl types="manager" href="manager-john">
 <assocrl types="employee" href="eric">
 <assocrl types="employee" href="john">
 <assocrl types="employee" href="george">
 <assocrl types="employee" href="chandra">
</assoc>

But I'm getting only one employee like "john" or "chandra".
I'm not getting all the employees. If I define the associations as
follows, I'm getting all the employees.

<assoc types="working-under">
 <assocrl types="manager" href="manager-john">
 <assocrl types="employee" href="eric">
</assoc>

<assoc types="working-under">
 <assocrl types="manager" href="manager-john">
 <assocrl types="employee" href="john">
</assoc>

If I define the associations separately for the related topics, I'm
getting all the lists. Suppose if there are 1000 employees, it's very
difficult to define the associations.

Is there any way to apply "scoping in this association"?

It will be a great help by clearing this water.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandra.

Do you have 128-bit SSL encryption server security?
Get VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your
Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2cW4jC/c.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM