Subject: [xtm-wg] Re: [topicmapmail] Smalltalk Implementation of Topic Maps

Daniel

> i started to implement a prototype topic map navigator in smalltalk. you
may
> find a uml diagram representing the tm's core as attachment. would you
agree
> to the architecture? what is wrong in my model, what is missing? Resp.
shall
> i implement against XTM or iso13250 or..?

Your modelling of scopes is not correct. Scopes apply to both topics and
associations. They are fundamental to both. They are not just for added
themes, but have a fundamental role in providing views of data. You should
model based on ISO13250 rather than XTM, which simplifies things somewhat.
If you model based on the full set  then you can apply the XTM
simplifications later.

Martin Bryan