Subject: [xtm-wg] RE: Smalltalk Implementation of Topic Maps

> [WMJ]
> "exploring complex software architectures"?
> Review and try "Rigi" at http://www.rigi.csc.uvic.ca/Pages/download.html

hi WMJ, thanks for pointing me to rigi - i know rigi and find it useful.
however i was looking for a model which you can browse with common
interfaces like "the brain", put on the internet like "JavaDoc" and maybe
merge with a topic map containing the specification. all the relevant
information in form of a meta model is available in our own reengineering
framework.
http://titan.cnds.unibe.ch:8080/SCG/7

> modeling of "complex software architectures" with topicmaps?
> I doubt it. Anybody challenge this opinion with a comprehensive example?

my impression is that if the concept of topic maps can not cope with complex
software architectures it must be the wrong model to represent complex
knowledge too? of course i am thinking about ontologies to support domain
specific classification and navigation. but i am just at the beginning...

> [Daniel Schweizer]
> find a uml diagram representing the tm's core on:
> http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~dschwzr/diploma/
> shall i implement against XTM or iso13250 or..?
>
> [WMJ]
> Nice effort, but RationalRose does more.

what do you mean by that? i tried to reduce to the max ;)

> For whom you are building this tool?

for myself; resp. as by-product of my written diploma for the university of
bern, switzerland. the title is not out yet. i am interested in knowledge
management and software reverse engineering as well as in synergies between
these fields.

thanks, daniel