Subject: Re: [tosca] Moving spec to from Word to Markdown

Tal, I understand your feeling. Given the fun we often having ironing out kinks in Word submissions, especially with ones that have been around for ages, Paul might have strong feelings on the subject as well.Â

On the other hand, I've also heard from plenty of people who hate trying to manage a spec document in MD on GitHub. I'm sympathetic; not being able to see the changes in the context of the broader prose is painful.Â

And then there are the occasional public comments that we are ghastly hypocrites for not requiring our specs be done in ODF.Â

I think this is going to take a lot of review and input from across the membership to find a solution that works. I'd love to see us get to a point where we could automate much of the processing. Just not sure how to get such a thing organized.Â

If you have tips for how to make MD editing palatable, there's a few folks who'd love to hear them.Â

Thanks for the input,Â

/chetÂ