ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Details on the Methodology

Hi Ken, Tom,

Sorry for the delayed response, but many people are away due to the
holidays.

Regarding your request to include information on how the model
is transformed into schemas, we can look into providing this info in the
final release either in the NDR document, or in the FAQ, or perhaps
in the section on schema generation in the main UBL document.  For
Beta there is a bit of information on this in Appendix D of the main
document in the section that describes the UBLish tool - the tool built
to generate the Beta schemas from the spreadsheets according to the
NDRs.  While there is nothing there as concise as what you're requesting,
the use of UBLish+extension gives more information on what went into the
creation of schema for each type, as described in this appendix.

Regarding the use (or not) of xsd:choice, I do recall several discussions
on this, but don't recall the details of the final decision.   There is the
intention, for the final UBL release, to flesh out the rules checklist
with additional information on each rule.  I can bring this question
and your other comment (on splitting the document) to the attention
of the NDR team.  Their next meeting is this coming Wednesday.

Thanks for your feedback on this release.

-Anne