ubl-dev message

Subject: Protocol/framework plus tools/services for collaboration?

Hi Folks

I'm thinking about whether to try support for multiple options
for a possible collaboration framework for e-business using my
XForms for data input. I remember the Danish telcoms/Gov
IT had an alternative to ebXML using WS-* - could someone
please remind me what it was? I'd be grateful. I seem to
remember it was called something like 'RASP-profile'. Is
that the name for the overarching framework or just one
component?

Furthermore, could someone please point me at any products
which support it? I'm really after something low-cost (apart from
support which I guess is going to be costly whatever the option)
and wondered if there are any opensource options or the like.

If it proves too costly compared to ebXML I'll probably give up
ideas of using anything other than ebXML (for now at least).
I guess the latter too might be too expensive to offer at low
cost (or free) to end-users but maybe not. Also, is ebXML Reg
cost effective for providing a low cost solution to end-users?
Any thoughts?

Do any ISPs or VANs yet provide any services along these
lines, does anyone know? Something I could offer to small
business customers who'd like a solution for using UBL but
not having to sign up to anything like a big expensive market-
place or the like? Ideally something fairly 'open' in the sense
that you don't have to have both trading parties using the same
product/service (though obviously the same standards/technologies
of course). If I can't provide I might at least be able to suggest
it with a link or two.

Many thanks

All the best

--