ubl-dev message

Subject: SV: [ubl-dev] Protocol/framework plus tools/services for collaboration?

Hello Stephen

> Stephen wrote:
> I'm thinking about whether to try support for multiple options
> for a possible collaboration framework for e-business using my
> XForms for data input. I remember the Danish telcoms/Gov
> IT had an alternative to ebXML using WS-* - could someone
> please remind me what it was? I'd be grateful. I seem to
> remember it was called something like 'RASP-profile'. Is
> that the name for the overarching framework or just one
> component?

We are currently in pilot-testing with our infrastructure based on the
Reliable Asynchronous Secure Profile (RASP). The infrastructure will be
operational from September 1st 2007. And yes - is correct that its based on
WS-* standards. Our toolkit is made available on a MPL 1.1 licence and all
documentation is in English. We have also made a reference implementation of
a messagehandler supporting SMTP. The client is made available on a BSD
license. A supporting UDDI 3.0 registry is also made available on a MPL 1.1
licences (based on Novel's UDDI). The supporting website is currently in
Danish (although all documentation is in English -
http://softwareborsen.dk/projekter/softwarecenter/serviceorienteret-infrastru
ktur). Appologies for that. We will publish everything in English as we
approach September 1st. Security is based on X509 certificates and
WS-Security.

> Stephen wrote:
> Furthermore, could someone please point me at any products
> which support it? I'm really after something low-cost (apart from
> support which I guess is going to be costly whatever the option)
> and wondered if there are any opensource options or the like.

Regarding support for our infrastructure: We have several suppliers working
with our infrastructure for procurement. We will be exchanging UBL 2.0
messages using the infrastructure with one of the 5 new Danish regions in
june, july and August. Its too early to give a list of suppliers with
finalized product offerings, since the infrastructure is not in operation
yet. We are currently working on supporting legislation which we expect to be
operational in early 2008.

Best regards

Mikkel Hippe Brun
Centre for Service Oriented Infrastructure
Danish National IT- and Telecom Agency