ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Protocol/framework plus tools/services forcollaboration?

Hi again Adrian

Is there a single prefered way to hook something like an
implementation guide written in OASIS (future) TAG language
into something like an ontology? This would be a handy
association to say the least - for describing formally a set
of customisations (say described with OASIS CAM), profiles
(say ebXML CPPA templates), business process definitions
(say with ebXML ebBP), and business rules (say with TAG)
and how they all relate to eachother, perhaps how to impose
on them a particular context or even an individual trading
partnership. I guess there's more to it than that but it seems
like an ontology of some kind could round it all off nicely :-)
And for big organisations could help their apps to 'understand'
how to deal with the little guys. I assume the little guys might
just be content to be using something like an 'off-the-shelf'
implementation guide / framework / protocol / whatever
like I'm trying to create.

All the best

Stephen Green

Stephen Green

Senior IT Officer
Bristol City Council
Room G34, Romney House
Romney Avenue
Bristol  BS99 3HB
Tel: 0117 922 3794
Fax: 0117 922 4877
Email: stephen_green@bristol.gov.uk

>>> "Stephen Green" <stephengreenubl@gmail.com> 15/05/07 17:13 >>>
Hi Adrian

Yes, very interesting as another aspect of what's needed. Along
the business logic lines I just joined the OASIS Test Assertions
Guidelines TC (TAG TC, not to be confused with W3C's TAG of
course) to see if what is designed to allow OASIS TCs (and other
working groups in other organisations etc) to formulate testable
aspects of their specifications as sets of test assertions - to see
if the same could also be used for writing profiles which maybe
could be used for grouping sets of business rules too into guides
(a bit like implementation guides in EDI perhaps). This would be
perhaps useful in the background of a framework. I think I still
need the framework though or how would various B2B participants
be able to easily plug in to each other (like they do with phones
faxes and email and even perhaps with EDI)? Maybe framework
plus guide is needed and maybe that just then needs to be
reporduced perhaps with a choice of software and services to
support it all - an extended or even 'extensible' marketplace if you
like :-)   Call it XMarketplace?! :-)  Ugh! much too many X's!

Many thanks

All the best

Stephen Green