ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL and CCTS: Improvement interoperability ?

At 2008-06-19 07:28 -0700, Danny Gaethofs wrote:
>Now I have been looking for the ways different standards
>(Rosettanet, UBL , OAGIS, ...) that have adopted the CCTS
>implemented the CCTS.

My understanding is that UBL is the *only* implementation and
deployment of CCTS 2.01.

>The basic naming rules (DEN) seem to be adopted by most of those
>organizations. However what I could not find is an example of the
>key concept that improves interoperability, the use of the core and
>business data types.

In the UBL schema set you will find CCTS 2.01 fragments with the
UN/CEFACT copyright.  I'm unaware of any other global project using
these schema fragments ... for example:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/xsd/common/UnqualifiedDataTypeSchemaModule-2.0.xsd

>What is the status of implementing CCTS within UBL and / or OASIS ?

As CCTS 2.01 is currently implemented in UBL 2.0, changing at this
point to CCTS 3 would introduce incompatibilities requiring the need
for a new major version.  OASIS has already indicated it will not
produce a new major version of UBL and will focus on maintaining
minor revisions of UBL 2 to support current market needs for UBL
deployment.  A UBL 2.1 is planned for release in 2009 to address some
of the growing requirements for 2.0, and it will be done in a
fully-backward compatible fashion, thus not requiring existing 2.0
deployments to change.  I don't think the committee will be changing
to CCTS 3 for these reasons.

Perhaps are you referring to the core component library CCL?  There
is an identified project within UBL and UN/CEFACT TBG 17 to align the
UBL 2.1 library with CCL 08B (this has been in the works for a while
and most recently minuted just this week):

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200806/msg00010.html

There have been presentations about this, a recent one at the UBL
International 2008 conference in Rome in April, and you'll find an
archive of the presentations here where Tim McGrath documented the plan:

   http://www.ublconference.com/200804/programme.html

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/