ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-fpsc] Summary of document types and scenarios post 0p70

Hello all!

At 2003-06-04 20:16 +0100, Stephen Green wrote:
>Ken wrote:
>
>"...we
>have the following list of use of the types:
>
>    Order                    Joinery, Office
>    Order Response Complex   Joinery
>    Change Order             (none)
>    Despatch Advice          Joinery, Office
>    Order Response Simple    Office
>    Order Cancellation       (none)
>    Receipt Advice           (none)
>    Invoice                  Joinery, Office

>I haven't seen such a summary list from LCSC,
>so I'm not sure they are aware of the coverage of the scenarios currently
>in place."

Well, at least it is now documented for them.

>I propose to take this as the basis of our schedule (besides the separate
>task of the UN Layouts).

I think this is the right thing to move forward.

>To summarise our updated time constraints:
>
>1) The release of LCSC models is expected next week (9th June)
>2) We would hope to see alpha schemas from the end of the week after next
>(16th June and following) along with some example instances [we might need
>to allow for some slippage here]

True ... but hopefully they won't wait until *all* are complete before
releasing *any* of them ... we can get started with anything they give us.

>So we'll probably have the last week of June (23rd to 30th) to create
>initial stylesheets then the first two weeks of July to complete and
>release the stylesheets.

I'm assuming here you meant "formatting specifications" instead of
"stylesheets".

And before we can do the formatting specifications, we need LCSC blessings
on the mockups.  Perhaps we can get confirmation from LCSC before the
models are complete that at least the layouts are as expected in the
mockups.  We can borrow the PDF layouts from 0p70 and invite them to mark
them up.

Our work products do not include the stylesheets and any sample stylesheets
shouldn't be written before the formatting specifications are
complete.  We'll be busy enough with the specifications as a committee ...
Crane (read "Ken") will be preparing a stylesheet library as in 0p70 "in my
spare time".  It is the committee documents that will be normative.

>During the week 16th to 23rd June we need to be on the lookout for the
>first sight of schemas, etc. from NDR but to be aware that the reviewers
>may have changes (hopefully small) which they wish to make.

I have some in-house tools for producing the XPath reference files from W3C
Schema descriptions, so as soon as I get any draft work I will produce the
reference files that we need as writers of formatting specifications.

>In the meantime we should be sure we are familiar with the docBook format
>for documentation and fully consider how much time we will each have
>available for writing and editing stylesheets.

Yes, well said.  And also we should be familiar with the use of the XPath
reference files that I document in the draft "UBL FPSC Documentation
Practices" document, which refers to the large files found in the 0p70 release.

Thanks, Stephen!

................. Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: (registration still open!)
-      (XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO) North America: June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc