ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Ready for another review; new PDF files added for UN layouts

[FPSC members, there is an action item below!]

Hello again,

I've incorporated the comments on the prose received so far and have
regenerated the UN layouts in PDF using XSL-FO (but not yet using XSLT ...
sorry, Fabio, the stylesheets are not done, these are mockups made using
XSL-FO only).

No password required:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/6440/fs-20040418-1300z.zip

I believe these mockups prove that the specifications can be realized using
XSL, which is (1) what we were shooting for and (2) what we can show in UBL
1.0 final release.  Note that I did manage to get in the continuation pages
using XSL-FO, so a number of the example UN PDF files have two pages.

I've asked Jean some questions off-line regarding consistency of the box
headings and conformance to UN layout requirements ... based on her
feedback I should be able to make changes to this by tomorrow's deadline
because California is 9 hours difference from where I am ... but tomorrow
is the XML conference so it might be afternoon your time, Jon, before you
get any revision.

But if you don't hear from me, I believe the above is a candidate final fs/
directory from the FPSC committee ... can you please unzip this as if it
were final so you can do your own check of the results and then remove the
directory if the FPSC committee accepts a revised package tomorrow?

FPSC committee members ... we do not have the opportunity for a conference
call before tomorrow's deadline for Jon ... PLEASE POST TO THE LIST whether
or not you accept the above candidate final package with the proviso that
Jean and I can polish up some of the box headings in the UN layouts.  I'm
more worried about links, and prose, and the terminology used, and
consistency, and so on ... the draft UBL 1.0 package looks great and I
would like to see our contribution fit well into that.

If you cannot accept the above package, please detail as soon as you
possibly can the changes you need to see in order to make it acceptable to
you.  While it is late to hear of problems, it is better to address your
concerns before this becomes part of the UBL 1.0 package.

A *lot* of effort has gone into this entire package ... thanks to everyone
who put their time and energy into this.

It looks like we made the deadline!

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Each week:   Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc