ubl-hisc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-hisc] HISC Teleconference announcement -2005-02-22/23

Folks, Hi.

Congratulations with excellent progress. I've been reading
through all the minutes (apologies I can't get to meetings -
I'll keep most of my contributions to emails) and spec drafts
and I've nothing yet to add - it all looks well on the right track
to me. Many thanks to Ken and Micah for excellent work so far.
Appreciation to Ken for the willingness to revisit the output specs
with the SBS in mind, etc and appreciation to Micah for taking on
the input specs. If I can add semantic appraisals here and there
I won't hesitate but so far all looks well - this all looks to me like
a great help to us all, implementers and business users.

I think it will benefit smaller businesses and their software producers
to have the concentration on the subset and also benefit larger
UBL users to have the HISC deliverables as a strategically suitable
place to start to implement without alienating the smaller trading
partners. In the middle it may help too the developers who try to
embrace requirements of customers both larger and smaller.

I particularly add a comment that I think the issues addressed by
Micah in the input draft specs are being pitched at just the right level
for implementers and for the more techically minded business folk
(having been from both backgrounds).

If I can't make it to the coming call (very late night in my time zone)
I'll eagerly look out for any updates and collaborate by email.

All the best

Steve

>>> "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com> 21/02/05 15:49:58 >>>
Our call this week is Tuesday evening 20:30EST 15 Feb in North America,
01:30UTC Wednesday 16 Feb, morning of 16 Feb in Asia.

Please review my minutes from last week:
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-hisc/200502/msg00004.html

Micah's work will be used by our committee to write input specifications
and we're going to need manpower to undertake the writing of specifications
for the different documents.  Please consider how you can help and how much
time you can put to the effort.

And please comment on Micah's work if you have the time before tomorrow's
meeting.

I'm particularly interested in implementers being involved so that we can
assess the work Micah is doing to ensure that the specifications we write
are implementable.

Please use our usual committee number:

     STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
     U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
     Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
     Access code: 5705229

"See" you there!

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc