ubl-hisc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-hisc] Revised XPath files for UBL 1.0 SBS 0.5 candidate

Thank you, Steve, for the feedback.  Silly mistakes that happen when
working to midnight after a half-day of travel.  Unfortunately I've taken a
bit ill and don't quite have all my faculties this evening, either ...
please take a close look for any mistakes.  Sometimes I wish I wasn't so
busy with revenue work ... I guess I didn't mean to say that.

At 2005-03-07 13:22 +0000, Stephen Green wrote:
>1.  I have some files ready to send for UBL-1.0-SBS-1.0-beta (just waiting
>for these
>      formats to stabilise and for the SBSC to officially form at the end
> of this week)

Received and in process, thanks.

>2.  Minor detail: the *-Instance.xml files have an extra ">" in the xml
>declaration

Got it now, thanks.

>3.  I was sort of expecting to see XPaths in the *-XPath.xml files as
>content to the elements

Ummmmmmm ... that can be obtained by a simple walk through the ancestry ...
but getting the bang numbers is very expense walking through the preceding
nodes ... so I felt that the bang numbers would be of more use here.

Also, the bang numbers are very concise, and when doing the mockup forms
layouts, it was helpful to have short strings instead of long strings.  In
fact, that is the raison-d'être for the short references: to "point" to the
long strings.

Does anyone else have an opinion?

>Otherwise this all looks very encouraging indeed.

I agree.  For someone who doesn't know W3C Schema (or even for someone who
does) it is a handy-dandy reference to look through the text or HTML
renditions.

>You had asked about whether to document the schema(s) of the xml files
>with RelaxNG
>- any chance of doing so with W3C Schema too?

Do I have to?  <whinge/>

Well, through the wonders of Trang it didn't take me long.  But since I
cannot express all of the necessary constraints in W3C Schema expression,
I'd like to make the RELAX-NG expression normative and the W3C Schema
expression informative.  Both are now included in the ZIP file.

>Are you ready for the SBS beta files?

I've announced the XPath information for those files under separate cover:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-hisc/200503/msg00010.html

>Jon announced that this SBS would be pushed through to committee draft quickly
>(so folks can get on with using it) with a bit of a public review in the
>process.

Wonderful.

>I hope the beta
>can be the basis of a review and then, with any necessary changes, it can
>be moved to 'cd'
>status.

I don't see why not ... hopefully we'll get some good feedback from the
user community.

>So we'll need these file formats for that too :-)

When it happens, I'll be ready.

At 2005-03-07 13:34 +0000, Stephen Green wrote:
>Just saw another couple of things
>- misplaced double quotes in identificationSchemeVersionID attribute
>contents in the *-Instance.xml files
>- misplaced right angle-brackets in each element
>- misplaced angle brackets leave '!5!' etc in some of the element names

I must have fixed these while fixing other things.  Those were silly
mistakes based on rushing and here I find myself past my bedtime
again!  Hopefully I haven't messed up with these ... please check them for me.

Thanks for your diligence, Steve!

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc