ubl-hisc message

Subject: Minutes of HISC Teleconference 2005-06-14/15

In attendance:

   Zarella Rendon
   Micah Dubinko
   G. Ken Holman

(1) - we discussed the need to determine a new strategy for the output
formatting specifications based on UN Layout Key grid position rather than
the existing use of only box labels as in the UBL 1.0 formatting specifications
  - Ken posted links to messages that make reference to UN Layout Key
requirements:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-hisc/200506/msg00003.html

  - we need to summarize to the UBL TC the columns we would like added to
the spreadsheets so that those doing the semantic analysis of UBL fields
can, at the same time, identify which UN Layout Key is a candidate and
which boxes in the layout are targets for UBL fields; this requires a bit
of back-and-forth in that after the forms are decided we need to document
the grid positions that then need to be populated

(2) - we discussed what rows might be added to the UBL 2.0 schedule spreadsheet
  - Zarella to post candidate entries for the output specifications to both
Jon and the HISC list for discussion at next week's meetings regarding dates
  - Micah to post candidate entries for the input specifications to both
Jon and the HISC list for discussion at next week's meetings regarding dates

(3) - Micah observed that there has been a lot of difficulty in getting any
follow-up response from vendors despite the enthusiastic initial response
to his efforts
  - he may need more input from the list if there is insufficient feedback
from industry

The meeting ended after 40 minutes.

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc