ubl-l10n message

Subject: Additional questions and comments regarding AllowanceCharge

Dear Tim McGrath,
I will appreciate if you would reply my additional questions and comments
regarding AllowanceCharge, that is explained my previous e-mail.
Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yukinori Saito" <y-saito@ecom.jp>
To: "Tim McGrath" <tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au>
Cc: <bill.meadows@sun.com>; <anne.hendry@sun.com>;
<jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>; <ksh@ccmail.sookmyung.ac.kr>;
<jason@kcals.or.kr>; "China) William Chan" <zb02@cnis.gov.cn>;
<kcyee@cecid.hku.hk>; <n.ito@ea-eca.org>; "Sun) Jon Bosak"
<jon.bosak@sun.com>; "BP-ATF" <BP-atf@ecom.jp>
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: UBL Pacific coordination call 9|10 February 2004

Dear Tim McGrath,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

We in ECOM's XML/EDI group has examined and studied what you said and UBL
specification.

1. Regarding BasePrice
We understood that the difference between the BasePrice under LineItem and
the BasePrice under Item.
We hope that this kind of definitions or guidance are explained in UBL
specifications.

2. Regarding AllowanceCharge
We understood that the meaning of AllowanceCharge is the allowance (that
reduce the amount) and Charges (that increase the amount). The
AllowanceCharge is not merely payment terms.

The followings are the additional questions and comments.
(1) Is the amount of AllowanceCharge the PaidAmount under Payment under
PaymentMeans?
(2) If yes, we think that the PaidAmount should be placed under
AllowanceCharge directly. We think the structure, that the PaidAmount is
located under PaymentMeans, is a little bit strange or difficult to
understand.
(3) We think that PaymentMeans should be independent to AllowanceCharge.
The PaymentMeans should be located under several amounts (e.g.
LineExtensionTotalAmount, LineExrtensionAmount, PriceAmount, PaidAmount)

3. Regarding the structure of our spreadsheet models of UBL documents
We wanted to research and examine UBL Order, firstly.
We have done some trials to map BIEs from the major business documents in
Japan to UBL Order.
The major business documents in Japan are ECALGA of JEITA, JEDICOS-XML of
distribution industry, and RosettaNet PIP3A4.
In these trials, we firstly have to understand whole structure and ASBIEs
and BBIEs of UBL Order. In order to understand UBL Order, we made a class
diagram and spreadsheet in one document.
As you know, UBL V1.0 specifications have many class diagrams and
spreadsheets by ASBIEs. We thought that these separated class diagrams and
spreadsheets are inconvenient to understand for us.
I understand that the two approaches are reasonable for each other. One is
UBL way, and the other one is our way. The UBL way is to define several
ASBIEs separately, and to reuse for several business documents. I think this
way is rational way for the management of standards.
However, in our major business documents specifications in Japan, each
business document has a spreadsheet that has full set of BIEs, and
additionally has the spreadsheet that has definitions of BIEs commonly used
by several business documents.

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito
Yukinori Saito
Electronic Commerce Promotion Council of Japan (ECOM)
E-mail: y-saito@ecom.jp
Tel: +81-3-3436-7542    Fax: +81-3-3436-7570