ubl-l10n message

Subject: UBL.xml.org idea for UBL IDD development

Good morning fellow UBL localization committee members,

Following an idea presented at the UBL
face-to-face in Montréal, I have talked with
OASIS regarding using UBL.xml.org to promote the
development of the UBL International Data Dictionary.

Because a localization is a translation of UBL
English-language semantics, thereby not being
normative to the UBL IDD, the intellectual
property rights details are different than for normative work.

I proposed that a publicly-accessible version of
each spreadsheet for a given incomplete language
be posted to Google Spreadsheets.  Any community
member wishing to contribute definitions can
contact the UBL Editorial Board Chairman (me for
now) supplying their Google Docs account
name.  They are then designated a "collaborator"
for the spreadsheets and can make their changes
at their convenience.  Any community member can
also trigger a set of spreadsheets in an as yet
unstarted language, hopefully generating
sufficient interest to beget a new localization subcommittee.

At some point the spreadsheets for a particular
language become full.  It is then time for the
corresponding UBL Localization Subcommittee to
patriate the completed work.  They do this by
forming the committee (if not already formed),
taking ownership of it and marshalling it through
established UBL and OASIS procedures for
submitting and publishing a new IDD contribution.

To this end, I have posted public versions of the
template stylesheets distributed by Roberto in
UBL-2.0-Errata-01-IDD-Rev.2.zip ~ July 21,
2008.  The list of links is below.  These in
particular are not to be edited ... but they can
be used as exemplars of what a particular
language would look like.  It also gives
candidate contributors an idea of the scope of the work involved.

Please let me know if you have any
questions.  Meanwhile, I'll start working on the Forum post for UBL.xml.org.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

ApplicationResponse:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1hQGRvLyTEGUg
AttachedDocument:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1inqZsdOzwfTQ
BillOfLading: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1gjevkcPJtKWw
Catalogue: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1hTdgTKGsq-OA
CatalogueDeletion:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jv8BUGF-wZOw

CatalogueItemSpecificationUpdate:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1gNvQ2NCEihWQ
CataloguePricingUpdate:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1itqXbWoAmeIA
CatalogueRequest:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1i8ti2k7OMxKw
CertificateOfOrigin:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1gu54u2QLSBeQ
Common: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jAZtrvAj27Jw

CreditNote: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jY07FJ6ZTwVg
DebitNote: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1gtClIKPLopeQ
DespatchAdvice: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1i55522iMi6dg
ForwardingInstructions:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1gAgfwzBsmVLw
FreightInvoice: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jqsnlZ4ghtAg

Invoice: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1i7uJfX9PwlWQ
Order: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1iMF67WCXpcbw
OrderCancellation:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1in0xOf65ekSg
OrderChange: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1hC_juD9jRRAg
OrderResponse: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jfOjuDB-c9cA

OrderResponseSimple:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jsP3GMS42taQ
PackingList: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1j67xCXB5-vBA
qDT: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1h-PX01aJKLLA
Quotation: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1gj4h18t6HIaA
ReceiptAdvice: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jdiCcNxz8hNQ

Reminder: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1i4FO6o9lujAw
RemittanceAdvice:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1i-ptcSkNINOg
RequestForQuotation:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jVWonkxz0LVQ
SelfBilledCreditNote:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1j7zxAt0AHcFA
SelfBilledInvoice:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jzeNZU6TgYAQ

Statement: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1hprAwQUDwCJg
TransportationStatus:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jTDij7sUSxAg
Waybill: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1gt8TkZqLSmUg

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/