ubl-l10n message

Subject: Re: [ubl-l10n] UBL.xml.org idea for UBL IDD development

Hello Ken,
I would suggest we protect the normative part of IDD templates with a
password, this way we avoid templates are accidentally compromised.

Cheers,

Roberto

> Good morning fellow UBL localization committee members,
>
> Following an idea presented at the UBL
> face-to-face in Montréal, I have talked with
> OASIS regarding using UBL.xml.org to promote the
> development of the UBL International Data Dictionary.
>
> Because a localization is a translation of UBL
> English-language semantics, thereby not being
> normative to the UBL IDD, the intellectual
> property rights details are different than for normative work.
>
> I proposed that a publicly-accessible version of
> each spreadsheet for a given incomplete language
> be posted to Google Spreadsheets.  Any community
> member wishing to contribute definitions can
> contact the UBL Editorial Board Chairman (me for
> now) supplying their Google Docs account
> name.  They are then designated a "collaborator"
> for the spreadsheets and can make their changes
> at their convenience.  Any community member can
> also trigger a set of spreadsheets in an as yet
> unstarted language, hopefully generating
> sufficient interest to beget a new localization subcommittee.
>
> At some point the spreadsheets for a particular
> language become full.  It is then time for the
> corresponding UBL Localization Subcommittee to
> patriate the completed work.  They do this by
> forming the committee (if not already formed),
> taking ownership of it and marshalling it through
> established UBL and OASIS procedures for
> submitting and publishing a new IDD contribution.
>
> To this end, I have posted public versions of the
> template stylesheets distributed by Roberto in
> UBL-2.0-Errata-01-IDD-Rev.2.zip ~ July 21,
> 2008.  The list of links is below.  These in
> particular are not to be edited ... but they can
> be used as exemplars of what a particular
> language would look like.  It also gives
> candidate contributors an idea of the scope of the work involved.
>
> Please let me know if you have any
> questions.  Meanwhile, I'll start working on the Forum post for
> UBL.xml.org.
>
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ken
>
> ApplicationResponse:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1hQGRvLyTEGUg
> AttachedDocument:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1inqZsdOzwfTQ
> BillOfLading:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1gjevkcPJtKWw
> Catalogue: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1hTdgTKGsq-OA
> CatalogueDeletion:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jv8BUGF-wZOw
>
> CatalogueItemSpecificationUpdate:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1gNvQ2NCEihWQ
> CataloguePricingUpdate:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1itqXbWoAmeIA
> CatalogueRequest:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1i8ti2k7OMxKw
> CertificateOfOrigin:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1gu54u2QLSBeQ
> Common: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppumxIiRWF1jAZtrvAj27Jw

> [...]

* UBL Italian Localization SubCommittee (ITLSC), co-Chair
* UBL Online Community editorial board member (ubl.xml.org)
* Italian UBL Advisor
* OASIS NEWS italian translator

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc

[UBL Technical Committee]
    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl

[UBL Italian Localization Subcommittee]
    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl-itlsc

[Iniziativa UBL Italia]
    http://www.ubl-italia.org

[UBL Online Community] (...in avviamento)
    http://ubl.xml.org

[Gruppo Esperti UBL]   (...in avviamento)
    http://www.ublguild.org/

[Free UBL Writer @ JAVEST]
    http://www.javest.com