Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Notes on Packaging 0p70 Supplement

Notes on Packaging on UBL 0p70 Supplement Release.

Here is some of the consensus that I built with various persons last week
(or perhaps the opinions that I now carry) with respect to the release
packaging.

1. The "raw" sample instance files (.XML) should be located in a directory
immediately subordinate to the /0P70 directory as /0P70/xml

2. The sample instance files should be referenced from a new annex section
D.5 Sample XML Instance Files

3. The sample instance files used by Ken in the /0P70/fs/ will be
duplicates of the samples rather than references to /0P70/xml in order to
keep /0P70/fs as an independent file structure.  All samples in the 0p70
Supplement release will be frozen.  However, work on the independent "fs"
file structure may continue in the FSSC workspace on the UBL website.  The
filenames in the /0P70/fs structure may or may not be consistent with those
found in the /0P70/xml directory.

4. Naming conventions are not yet finalized, but my recommendations are, by
example:
/0P70/xml/OfficeOrdInst.xml
/0P70/xml/OfficeDespAdvInst.xml
/0P70/xml/OfficeOrderRespSimInst.xml
/0P70/xml/JoineryOrdInst.xml
/0P70/xml/JoineryDespAdvInst.xml
/0P70/xml/JoineryOrdRespComInst.xml

You will note that the "scenerio name" appears first, underscores are not
used and document names are abbreviated.  The only one I feel strongest
about is the first point.  The scenarios should be grouped (by default
alphabetically) to be easy to find within the directory.  If underscores
are used, I see no need to use UpperCamelCase.  One or the other, why both?
Also note that the /0P70/index.html file may include a longer descriptor of
these files if needed.

5. Mike has been working on a document that "walks the user" through the
Joinery scenario.  This is great.  When finalized, it should be an HTML
file located in the /0P70/xml directory and should be named something like
/0P70/JoineryIndex.html
This will allow it to be linked from the /0P70/index.html file as well as
discovered by those who navigate to the /0P70/xml directory.

I hope this helps in my absence on Monday.  Final packaging (which includes
website modification and zip file creation) should be accomplished by Lisa,
and/or Bill.

p.s.
Don't forget that the name of the zip file should identical to the original
0p70 filename.  The date of file will be the distinguisher.