Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] More Use Cases

Since there were no comments pro/con concerning the first use case I
submitted, I'll assume there were no objections.  Here are all of the
others I can think of right now, along with the first so that we have a
single list.

Types:

o  Production - Use of instance document and corresponding schema(s) in
a production environment
o  Development - Use of schema(s) in development activities.

Name:  Production - Display in Browser

Assumptions or Preconditions:  User has web browser supporting XML 1.0
and either CSS or XSL.

Sequence of Actions:
User selects file open for file containing XML instance document, or
from displayed page clicks on link to file containing XML instance
document.

Data from instance document is displayed in browser.

Name:  Production - Export

Assumptions or Preconditions:  Business application supports creation of
UBL compliant documents.

Sequence of Actions:
compliant instance document.  May or may not reference schema depending
on parser/serializer capabilities.

Name:  Production - Import

Assumptions or Preconditions:  Business application supports import of
UBL compliant documents.

Sequence of Actions:
compliant instance document.  May or may not reference schema depending
on parser/serializer capabilities.

Name:  Production - Transformation

Assumptions or Preconditions:  Either UBL is not the native
import/export format of business application, or it is and a trading
partner requires a different format.  A utility such as a general
purpose XSLT transformation engine or B2B/EAI file convertor supports
conversion to/from UBL formats.

Sequence of Actions:
UBL compliant instance document and creates document in different
format, or vice versa.  May or may not reference schema depending on
parser/serializer capabilities.

(NOTE:  This could be at least two separate use cases, one for
transformation to UBL and the other for transformation from UBL, but for
simplicity I have collapsed them into one).

Name:  Development - Native Support

Assumptions or Preconditions:  None

Sequence of Actions:
Developer refers to UBL schemas and supporting documentation in
incorporating native UBL support into the application.

Name:  Development - Transformation

Assumptions or Preconditions:  None

Sequence of Actions:
Developer refers to UBL schemas and supporting documentation in coding
(mapping) transformations to and from UBL formats.
Depending on design of utility, developer may import a UBL schema or
instance document to use as a template in coding the transformation.

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com