Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Rule: 96 Two Schema

** Reply to message from Chin Chee-Kai <cheekai@softml.net> on Wed, 16 Jul 2003
10:08:16 +0800 (SGT)

There is no Pandora's Box here.  People can ask for different varieties of
Schema until they go blue in the face, but all that counts is what UBL decides
to produce.  It is quite normal for people to require Schemas without
annotations for use on production systems.  If UBL does not provide one, then
everyone has to remove the annotations themselves, and they may get it wrong.
The UBL team saves itself a bit of trouble, but the rest of the world has to
suffer a distributed quality control problem.

Although I understand the orthodoxy behind only wanting a single normative
version of any deliverable, I strongly support UBL providing the two flavours
of Schema.

	Cheers,
		Tony.

> Sorry, Tony, I am VERY STRONGLY against having more than
> ONE normative schema.
>
> Taking a step further based on proposed "normative optimized
> schema without documentation", why can't people ask for
> "normative optimized schema without documentation AND
> without whitespaces" (ie, one long line of "optimized"
> non-fat milk?), and why can't people ask for "normative
> optimized schema in compressed WBXML binary format",
> and all sorts of other "normative" versions?
>
> Where does that stop??
>
> So, no, please don't open the pandora box.
>

> Best Regards,
> Chin Chee-Kai
====
Anthony B. Coates
London Market Systems Limited
33 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2BR
http://www.londonmarketsystems.com/
mailto:abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com
Mobile/Cell: +44 (79) 0543 9026
[MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language), http://www.mddl.org/]
[FpML Arch WG Member (Financial Products Markup Language), http://www.fpml.org/]
This Email may contain confidential information and/or copyright material and is intended for the use of the addressee only.
Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this Email by mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply  facility in your e-mail software.
Email is not a secure method of communication and London Market Systems Limited cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this email for virus infection, for which London Market Systems Limited accepts no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please request a hard copy. Unless otherwise stated any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not represent those of London Market Systems Limited.