ubl-security message

Subject: Re: Sample instances

At 2010-08-19 08:45 -0400, Jon Bosak wrote:
>I've corresponded with Tim, and he agrees that we need a broader
>review of this concept.  Please finish up your work on this so
>that I can prepare it for inclusion in PRD1.
>
>Is the draft document of 24 May (Draft 06) still the latest one?

Please find attached a strawman chapter on security for the UBL 2.1
specification (currently numbered "5").  This has not been reviewed
by the Security SC but is put forward for consideration.

My thought was that the UBL 2.1 specification need only describe the
"how" and not the "why".  It would seem that most of the rest of the
specification is "how" to structure a UBL document, not why it is
structured the way it is.  We will have guidelines and other
documents for that.

For the same reason, I don't see that the security chapter need go
into the "why" of XAdES signatures, but only the "how".  The Security
SC can publish the "why" in its document once we've gone through PRD
and determined that the public cannot find fault with what is done
(let's hope!).

This is also the opportunity to talk about extensions in the UBL 2.1
specification as in "this is how an extension is structured in a UBL document".

Comments are welcome and please don't feel you need to accommodate
this unsolicited contribution ... I just thought it would be a way
for us to quickly get to PRD1 and scope the necessary writing
accordingly without getting out of scope for the UBL 2.1 specification.

The HTML is a rendering of the DocBook source that is included in the
ZIP with the extension "zzz".

gkholman-chapsig-20100820-1250z.zzz

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01