ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [spam] Re: [ubl-security] Questions regarding the XAdES Profile

On paper world the CoO form layout was available at the Chambre of
Commerce and often filled up manually.
In this sense can be seen as an application as the Chambre will have to
endorse it if all the documentations are regular (they make also direct
verifications on the goods).

These are documents that could be requested:

- Customs declaration
- Invoice
- Bill of Lading

Sometimes (or just in some countries) the CoO is issued directly by the
exporter/manifacturer.

The CoO is not an application form but a precise trade document.

But it is true it can be used as a draft CoO (application) when pre filled
by the exporter/manifacturer and sent to the Chambre of Commerce for
endorsement and validation.
However the Chambre of Commerce is the real issuer into this case.

CoO "can" be used as application form but it isn't.

The UBL 2.0 specification is not clear enought about this so the two
different uses of the CoO are not well described.
Also UBL 2.0 uses the ApplicationResponse in the same process.

Here the bigger mistake is that the real response (acceptance) is the
signed CoO.

I would suggest to clearly assert the CoO can be used for:
- Application to obtain a CoO (pre-filled case)
- Signed CoO
- Pro-forma CoO
- Self-issued CoO (by the Exporter) without the endorsement of a Chambre
(some countries could allow this)

Cheers,

Roberto

--
* JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino
*

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +39
328 2148123      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc

[UBL Technical Committee]
    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl

[UBL Online Community]