ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] Comments regarding the UBL signature mechanism from the Spanish Ministry of Finance

Hi Jon,
thanks for forwarding us these comments.
Here is my view on the mentioned issues:
- Use of cac:Signature is not mandated. Even if I can agree that in many contexts it is of no use (and can be avoided) I do not exclude it can be useful and IMO we have to preserve it as it is already part of UBL 2.0. In cases where an UBL document can have more than a single signature for different purposes it can be helpful to associate correctly each (set of) signatures to the document.
- The structure in the extension, with the price of a very little overhead, can accommodate use cases where more than a (set of) signatures is associated to a document for different purposes. There was a long discussion on the Certificate of Origin and the proposed solution has be designed to satisfy the additional requirements that arose.

Any other/different view in this SC?

Andrea