ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] Comments regarding the UBL signature mechanism from the Spanish Ministry of Finance

At 2010-09-19 12:48 +0200, Andrea Caccia wrote:
>Hi Jon,
>thanks for forwarding us these comments.
>Here is my view on the mentioned issues:
>- Use of cac:Signature is not mandated. Even if I can agree that in
>many contexts it is of no use (and can be avoided) I do not exclude
>it can be useful and IMO we have to preserve it as it is already
>part of UBL 2.0. In cases where an UBL document can have more than a
>single signature for different purposes it can be helpful to
>associate correctly each (set of) signatures to the document.
>- The structure in the extension, with the price of a very little
>overhead, can accommodate use cases where more than a (set of)
>signatures is associated to a document for different purposes. There
>was a long discussion on the Certificate of Origin and the proposed
>solution has be designed to satisfy the additional requirements that arose.
>
>Any other/different view in this SC?

I wholeheartedly support Andrea's comments.  I'm pleased that someone
took the time to comment, but I believe the comment is not compelling
enough to change the structure as has been proposed in PRD1.  Thank
you, Andrea.

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/i/