ubl message

Subject: The July UBL presentation

As I noted during our UBL Group meeting in Montreal, the first
mention of UBL to the general public came in a keynote speech on
electronic commerce that I gave in late July at Web Services Japan
2001.  Those of you who caught my earlier presentations at the
March EWG meeting and the June X12 and OAGI meetings saw basically
the same material.

A colleague has just forwarded me a very nice two-page spread on
this presentation from the September issue of Nikkei Open Systems,
Japan's largest computer magazine.  In keeping with the thrust of
the talk, the report gives greatest prominence to ebXML, but I am
pleased to see that several mentions of the UBL project came
through as well.

Since this presentation is probably the best set of slides on the
subject that I will be able to assemble for a while, I have put a
copy at

   http://oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/200107/jp/jp.htm

Feel free to forward this URL to anyone needing some background on
the UBL initiative at this point.

Jon Bosak
Chair, UBL Group
Designated Chair, OASIS UBL TC