ubl message

Subject: Fw: OGC eProcurement/UBL

Jon/Mark

Please find attached a copy of Version 4 of the UK Office of Government Commerce's (OGC) eProcurement Interoperability Specification.

This specification is the result of 30 months development effort by OGC including a successful proof of concept trial involving BASDA, SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Sage etc.  It is now at Version 4.0, which indicates its level of
maturity and stability.

OGC is requiring this specification to be used for its public-sector-wide purchase2payment market place (Zanzibar) and the UK's e-Government Interoperability Framework (eGIF) recommends it for use across UK public sector and beyond.

The previous (Version 3.0) version of the specification is the basis of the European Union's IDA Programme eProcurement specification, developed by Valoris Consultants. We expect that IDA will migrate to Version 4.0, which is a thorough review.

The aim of the model is facilitate the automation of Buyer and Seller processes while maintaining and, in some cases, improving compliance from a procedural, a legal and, most importantly, a fiscal point of view.  On the
last of these points, we have worked closely with our Customs and Excise Department to ensure compliance with the EU eInvoicing Directive.

You know that we in the UK support the ambition that OASIS UBL should become the "Universal Business Language".  With this objective in mind I would request that your UBL Technical Committee reviews this document with a view to ensuring that we have convergence/harmonisation.

I look forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions vis-a-vis this specification and convergence with UBL.  Please talk to my colleagues in OGC, Peter and Amabel, if there are points of detail that you require clarified.  Also if my e-Gov TC can be of any further help in this please let me know.

Regards,

John Borras
Director Technology Policy
e-Government Unit
UK Cabinet Office

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free

OGC eProc V4.0.doc