ubl message

Subject: Sanity check on WD5 code lists

Hi folks,

I've just run my processes against the WD5 XSD
files and created the revised second-pass code
list value validation default stylesheet.

I note that according to a programmatic analysis
of the XSD files, only 3 ATG2 code lists and 5
UBL code lists are actually in play:

match="@mimeCode"
match="@unitCode"
match="@currencyID"
match="cbc:ChannelCode"
match="cbc:ConditionCode"  (using TransportationStatusCodeType.gc)
match="cbc:DocumentStatusCode"
match="cbc:LatitudeDirectionCode"
match="cbc:LongitudeDirectionCode"

This tells me that the ATG2 language code list is
not in use; though the XSD enumeration file for
language code is there, it appears there is no
information item that makes reference to the XSD file.

This also tells me that the following code lists
for which I have genericode files are not engaged for use in the schemas:

PackingTypeCodeType.gc
TransportationModeCodeType.gc
UnitOfMeasureCodeType.gc

These three are of lesser importance since
trading partners can choose to use them or not,
in which case there is another directory (called
special-purpose) where I will put the above three
genericode files.  I have one directory for code
lists in play and that other directory for code
lists that we make available should trading partners wish to use them.

But if any of those three, and any other code
lists for that matter, are supposed to be
indicated by the types referenced in the XSD
files as in play, I don't believe they are doing
so.  If there are indeed others in play in the
XSD files, then I need to be told which ones so
that I can find out what is wrong with my analysis.

But if my analysis is right then could someone
tell me what to do with these four files I've identified in this email?

Thanks for your guidance!

--
Registration open for UBL training:    Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04