ubl message

Subject: Pacific discussion input re: 2-prd2-sanity1.zip

Hi all,

For tonight's discussion I've summarized some old
and new issues regarding the code list files that
have come to light in the past hours since
submitting the cl\ directory for inclusion in the sanity check:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200607/msg00087.html

None of the changes below changes the constraints
on UBL documents, therefore, I believe none of
them are "substantive changes" by the definitions
with which we've been working.

(1) - for which lists do we supply values?

I have been given genericode files with values for the following lists:

AcknowledgementResponseCodeType.gc
AllowanceChargeReasonCodeType.gc
ChannelCodeType.gc
ChipCodeType.gc
ContainerSizeCodeType.gc
CountryIdentificationCodeType.gc
DocumentStatusCodeType.gc
LatitudeDirectionCodeType.gc
LineStatusCodeType.gc
LongitudeDirectionCodeType.gc
OperatorCodeType.gc
PackagingTypeCodeType.gc
PaymentMeansCodeType.gc
PortCodeType.gc
SubstitutionStatusCodeType.gc
TransportationStatusCodeType.gc
TransportModeCodeType.gc
UnitOfMeasureCodeType.gc

That doesn't quite mesh with the list of code
lists in the UBL-QualifiedDatatypes model:

AllowanceChargeReasonCode
ChannelCode
ChipCode
ContainerSizeTypeCode
CountryIdentificationCode
CurrencyCode
DocumentStatusCode
LatitudeDirectionCode
LineStatusCode
LongitudeDirectionCode
OperatorCode
PackagingTypeCode
PaymentMeansCode
PortCode
SubstitutionStatusCode
TransportationStatusCode
TransportModeCode
UnitOfMeasureCode

To summarize:

  - the CurrencyCodeType is not taking advantage
of the UN/CEFACT currency code list because the
latter is mapped to CurrencyCodeContentType
  - I have a genericode file for
AcknowledgementResponseCodeType but no model reference in QDT

Action:

(1a) I can special case CurrencyCodeType to get
the same treatment as CurrencyCodeContentType by
mapping "?Type" to "?ContentType" in my
stylesheets ... so far this is the only case ...
does this make sense?  Right now the currencyID=
attribute is constrained but none of the <?Currency> elements.

(1b) Is there any action for AcknowledgementResponseCodeType?

(2) - I found a rogue file "msv.err" in the
cl\gc\default directory that needs to be removed

(3) - sanity check: are these the correct
versions for the genericode lists for which I have been given values?

AcknowledgementResponseCodeType.gc:      <Version>2</Version>
AllowanceChargeReasonCodeType.gc:      <Version>2.0</Version>
ChannelCodeType.gc:      <Version>D03A</Version>
ChipCodeType.gc:      <Version>2</Version>
ContainerSizeCodeType.gc:      <Version>1996</Version>
CountryIdentificationCodeType.gc:      <Version>2006-1</Version>
DocumentStatusCodeType.gc:      <Version>1.0</Version>
LatitudeDirectionCodeType.gc:      <Version>1.0</Version>
LineStatusCodeType.gc:      <Version>2</Version>
LongitudeDirectionCodeType.gc:      <Version>1.0</Version>
OperatorCodeType.gc:      <Version>2</Version>
PackagingTypeCodeType.gc:      <Version>Revision 5</Version>
PaymentMeansCodeType.gc:      <Version>2</Version>
PortCodeType.gc:      <Version>2006-1</Version>
SubstitutionStatusCodeType.gc:      <Version>2</Version>
TransportModeCodeType.gc:      <Version>Second Edition</Version>
TransportationStatusCodeType.gc:      <Version>3rd Revision</Version>
UnitOfMeasureCodeType.gc:      <Version>Revision 4</Version>

For those files for which I do not have values,
the arbitrary version of these files that have
been synthesized out of thin air has been
assigned "2" by my stylesheets (because of UBL
2.0) ... I'm now thinking we should remove this
version and leave it blank since there are no
values in the lists.  Trading partners can choose
to use what they wish for versions of lists they create or modify.

(4) - excess XSD files in delivery:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200607/msg00077.html

     - can we toss the UN/CEFACT LanguageCode XSD file?  It is being
       imported but it isn't being used after being imported
     - can we toss the UBL CCTS parameters file?  It is not being
       imported by any module?

If I can think of any more before the meeting, I'll post them.

--
Registration open for UBL training:    Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04