ubl message

Subject: Current Status of UBL's collaboration with UN/CEFACT

To avoid any confusion about recent announcements from UN/CEFACT, I have
drafted a statement that outlines where we are on the path to convergence.

/At the UN/CEFACT Forum in Dublin (26-30 March 2007), work continued to
foster integration on a common set of electronic business document
standards based on the input and experience of UBL. This involved
constructive meetings with working groups focused on harmonization,
supply chain, e-procurement, e-government and technical methodologies.

A cross-domain project has been approved to further review public sector
e-procurement requirements, providing a path for input from an envisaged
workshop on "Implementation of electronic public procurement  in Europe"
(CEN/ISSS WS/ePPE).  This will include profiles developed in the context
of implementations of UBL in Northern Europe and Spain.  We see the
first candidate release of UN/CEFACT's Cross Industry Invoice schema
(see http://www.unece.org//cefact/prs/pr07_trd02e.pdf) as an opportunity
to further this collaboration.
/
PS.
General notes taken at the closing plenary of the Dublin Forum can be
found at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/download.php/23406/DublinReport.txt

--
regards