ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 4 April 2007

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 4 APRIL 2007

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tony Coates
   Michael Grimley
   Betty Harvey
   G. Ken Holman
   Zarella Rendon
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      GKH: The minutes say, "We note that the symposium is not an
      OASIS-sponsored event."  Actually, OASIS is one of the
      sponsors; this should say "is not an official OASIS event."

   Support page maintenance

      GKH: working on revisions to stuff referred to from the SP.
      Will be proposing new artefacts for CL support, to be listed
      as TC-produced; for discussion in Manhattan.

ET.GOV

   ACTION: AS to follow up with SW.

      Pending.

MAY 2007 UBL MEETING IN MANHATTAN

   See this week's Pacific call minutes:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200704/msg00003.html

   Add to attendees:

      Betty Harvey
      Tony Coates (Monday, Thursday, Friday)

   So the attendance list now reads:

      Jon Bosak, chair
      Tony Coates (MThF)
      Mavis Cournane
      Mike Grimley
      Betty Harvey
      G. Ken Holman
      Andy Schoka
      Group from Denmark and NES (need to get names)

      ACTION: JB to contact NES for names of people planning to
      attend.

   Hotels:

      AS: Checked the Courtyard Manhattan Fifth Avenue; USD400 a
      night!  So now looking at B&Bs.  Will send mail to the list.

      ZR: Try the Courtyard in Jersey City; it's right on the LIRR
      line to Penn Station.  Will send mail to the list.

      ACTION: JB to post the list of Sun contracted hotels to the
      list.

   Agenda:

      Add "additional code list resources" (fits in with CL
      revision policy).

      Add to the customization item: including a discussion of
      conformance.

   So the agenda now reads:

      Customization paper (draft expected from MG/MC),
         including a discussion of conformance
      Publication of "Approved Errata" (see OASIS TC process)
      Minor revision notification/forecasting policy
      Minor revision mechanics (draft expected from GKH)
      Code list revision policy
      Additional Code List resources (from GKH)
      Collaboration with UN/CEFACT
      Transportation breakout (DK)

   Schedule:

      GKH: NY XML Users' Group is starting up again, and GKH/TonyC
      may be presenting that week on UBL and on Code Lists, so we
      may want to rearrange our traditional evening schedule; will
      advise the group when we know more.

POSITION ON ATG2 "HYBRID APPROACH"

   From MC:

      Suggested position: [following last week's UN/CEFACT Forum]
      UBL NDR now appreciates the business requirements for the
      hybrid approach, and we will endorse it as soon as UN/CEFACT
      formally adopts it and there is support for it in a released
      version of CCTS.

   JB: Not clear whether our opinion on this is still being
   sought.  Will take this up when the NDR editors can attend.

OTHER ACTION ITEMS

   ACTION: MG to check with his management to see whether he can
   attend the ATG2 interim meeting tentatively scheduled for
   Princeton.

      Pending.

OTHER BUSINESS

   AGREED to skip TC meetings the week of 16 April.  (And we will
   as usual skip the week just prior to the upcoming F2F, i.e.,
   the week of 30 April).  So we will meet as usual the weeks of 9
   and 23 April but not the weeks of 16 and 30 April.

NDR WORK SESSION

   Due to the unavoidable absence of the NDR editors, we discussed
   only formatting issues this week.  We will pick up editorial
   issues in the Atlantic call 4/25.

   AGREED to work on this as schedules will allow; most editorial
   work should take place during calls at which the NDR editors
   can be present, but specific items that can profitably be
   discussed in email may go to the list.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC