ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 23|24 February 2009

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 24 FEBRUARY 2009

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Anne Hendry
    G. Ken Holman
    Tim McGrath (vice chair)
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       GKH: Proposed dates for XML 2009: 30 September to 1 October
       2009, Arlington, Virginia.

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

       No comments.

    Schedule review
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200902/msg00007.html

       UBL 2.1 (General)

          GKH: We need a row between 11 and 12 for production of
          the schema generation environment.  AGREED to add this
          row to the schedule and aim to work on prototyping during
          the August TC meeting in Montréal, using the UBL 2.0 data
          models for test purposes.

          TM: Regarding this correspondence:

          http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200902/msg00016.html
          http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200902/msg00018.html

          Stephen Green has found a couple of ambiguities in the
          UBL 2.0 Ordering Process diagram that will require
          correction in UBL 2.1.  He has proposed a solution for
          these two issues that will be added to the list of 2.1
          revisions.

       PSC (TM): Will be holding a joint kickoff meeting this week
       with members of the CPFR, Sales Report, Utility Statement,
       and eTendering teams.  The Icelandic government is now
       engaged with the Utility work, and there will be a meeting
       next week in Denmark to review feedback coming out of the
       UBL TC meeting in Fremantle.

       TSC (AS): Met last week, had very positive discussion with
       Jan Tore Pedersen and Hans Westerheim of the Freightwise
       initiative, including a presentation from Jan.  They will be
       working with us going forward.

       We used the Yugma SE plugin to Skype for sharing the screen;
       it performed well, and everyone was happy with it.  This is
       proving a useful tool for sharing spreadsheets,
       presentations, and demos.  There is no license fee for the
       Skype Edition (SE).  It offers just basic functionality (no
       desktop sharing, only host desktop broadcast), but this is
       sufficient for our subcommittee meetings.

       The TSC meeting this week will take place later in the day,
       and we will concentrate on CC harmonization.

       FIRTG (JB): The team is OK with the 2009 schedule and is
       moving forward.

       NDR 2.0 (JB): In the final round of formatting issue
       resolution together with BH and GKH.  Work last week was put
       aside to get a revision of the Customization Guidelines out
       for further editing.  Will pick this up at the beginning of
       next week.

       Customization: See agenda item below.

       IDD Vol. 1 (JB/GKH): ESLSC is implementing the correction to
       an error found by GKH and appears to be done.  ACTION: JB to
       begin wrapping this up for second (two-week) public review.

       XAdES (JB): Prospective members have been identified and are
       adding themselves to the TC.  Expect formal constitution of
       the task group next week.

       UN/CEFACT convergence (TM): Status reviewed.  Still no
       feedback on the collaboration proposal.

       Issues list updates: AGREED that with the newly instituted
       schedule review (above), we don't need this on the list as a
       separate Standing Agenda Item.

ISO TC 204 WG1

    ACTION (2/17): AS to circulate Cornwall paper to the TC and
    invite UBL members to participate in the team currently doing
    UBL/UN CC mapping.

    Pending.

UBL 2.0 CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

    Long discussion of the role of QDT and the difference between
    schema conformance and code list conformance.

    Result: there will need to be some architectural changes in
    2.1, but these do not need to be addressed in the 2.0
    guidelines.

    ACTION: TM to further revise the draft and copy to the
    editorial team working on this.

UBL 2.1 SCHEMA GENERATION

    JB: Formation of the Schema Generation Task Group has been
    proposed to the TC:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200902/msg00019.html

    All TC members interested in participating in the SGTG are
    invited to contact Oriol.

    JB: Just now in receipt of a message from Mark Crawford
    regarding the reference to a "codelist-free UDT."  It appears
    that sloppy wording has led to a misunderstanding of what's
    intended here; we are extending the UN/CEFACT UDT in a way that
    is completely compatible with the UN/CEFACT work, not departing
    from it.  ACTION: JB to send a clarification.

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    20-24 April 2009, colocated with the UN/CEFACT Forum in Rome if
    possible.

       TM: Nothing new to report.  People planning to go should
       start making travel arrangements.

    17-21 August 2009 in Montréal, colocated with Balisage the
    previous week.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

JB: Not traveling in March after all, so this is our schedule:

       Week of 2009.02.23: Regular schedule
       Week of 2009.03.02: Regular schedule
       Week of 2009.03.09: Regular schedule
       Week of 2009.03.16: Regular schedule