ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 11|12 May 2009

Thank you again for your direction, Mark, but bear with me for some
clarification please.  I am unable to read into your concise comments
the necessary detail that impacts on my work.

At 2009-05-13 08:14 -0400, Crawford, Mark wrote:
>You need to read the UBL and UN/CEFACT NDRs to understand why the
>SCs are not present or required in the UDT.  This is a deliberate
>action and not a mistake.

Fine ... and I'm reading [DOC3] in the UBL NDR:  "A datatype
definition MAY contain one or more Supplementary Component
Restrictions to provide additional information on the relationship
between the datatype and its corresponding Core Component Type."

I cannot find where the UBL NDR document describes any such
"deliberate actions" that selectively utilize only some of the
supplementary components, or what the choices should or can
be.  Choosing or needing to have all supplementary components be in
the UDT schema does not appear to conflict with the UBL NDR [DOC3].

Perhaps the UN/CEFACT NDR for CCTS 2.01 includes such constraints or
lists ... could you please cite for me where I can find a copy of the
relevant UN/CEFACT NDR document so that I can read up on this?

>Further, the CCT schema is non-normative and should not be used in
>your deliberations.

I'm not talking in yesterday's post about the CCT schema, I'm talking
about the UDT schema.  There are two schemas in the UBL XSD common
directory, CCTS_CCT_SchemaModule-2.0.xsd and
UnqualifiedDataTypeSchemaModule-2.0.xsd, and I'm not speaking of
CCTS_CCT_SchemaModule-2.0.xsd.

Finding a close-to-suitable UDT schema fragment in "08B" is a bonus
to my work on the committee.  As active users of the UN/CEFACT CCTS
2.01 work products, I'm hoping our feedback will be well received and
considered for future releases of this schema fragment.

I look forward to your continuing recommendations.

--
XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO hands-on training - Los Angeles, USA 2009-06-08
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc