Subject: [uddi-spec] WSDL TN and support for WSDL extensions

Hi,

Prompted partly by Anne's notes and partly by some comments from an internal
IBM reviewer, I have been thinking about support for the various extensions
that are defined by the WSDL 1.1 Note and the support in WSDL 1.1 for other
extensions to be defined by anybody.  In the light of this I have a few
comments and questions that I would like to offer up for discussion:

1) Should there be a section in the TN for each of the "standard" extensions
defined in WSDL 1.1 or is the current approach sufficient where only
SOAP/HTTP is described and "other extensibility elements are handled in a
similar fashion"?

2) How much support/guidance should we provide for people that want to model
nonstandard WSDL extensions directly in UDDI?

3) In the case where there is information in the WSDL that is not directly
reflected in UDDI, how much more do we need to do to allow the necessary
WSDL information to be retrieved.  Being able to retrieve the WSDL is
already stated as a goal of the TN.  There is at least one case where this
is not currently possible which is where the WSDL is structured as Anne
described, including a document that contains just the service and the
port(s).  In the current mapping to UDDI V2 there is nowhere to store the
URL of this document.  The mapping to UDDI V3 allows for the use of the new
(in V3) wsdlDeployment type of accessPoint and in this case the value of the
accessPoint is the URL, but there is nothing equivalent in the mapping to
UDDI V2.  The best option I can see for providing this in V2 is to define a
new canonical tModel for the concept of a WSDL URL and add another
tModelInstanceInfo to the bindingTemplate which has an instanceParms value
of the URL of the particular document.

4) Is it sufficient to duplicate the URL of the WSDL file containing the
service in the bindingTemplate corresponding to each port of the service or
should we (also) provide the URL directly in the businessService
corresponding to the service itself, in which case it will have to go in the
categoryBag of the businessService?

John