Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Patents and copyright

Title: Message
Max:

Re 1: The notices and copyright on the V2 and V3 specs address this issue. Any statements regarding your specific question were made at the time of the contribution by the UDDI WG. Please address this question to Karl Best (cc'd) for further details.

Please note that I have an outstanding to-do to add the OASIS copyright notice to the pre-existing copyrights found on the V2, V3 and Schema Centric Canonicalization specs; this is something I intend to do this week.

Re 2: the copyright on existing TNs and BPs (those posted to UDDI.org) are those that exist with the material. Pre-existing material we accept in the TC will have the OASIS copyright added to the material. New material we work on going forward will have the OASIS copyright on the material unless otherwise specified by the contributor.

From: Max Voskob [mailto:mvoskob@msi.com.au]
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 14:00
To: uddi-spec

Hi all,

I'm sorry for asking this as it may sound ridiculous to many of you, but I would like to clarify two points:

1. Does UDDI spec version 2 and 3 incorporate any patented ideas or technologies contributed by TC members?
2. What copyright does apply to Technical Notes and Best Practices?

Cheers,
Max Voskob