Subject: Re: [virtio-comment] trouble sending patch with git send-email

On Mon, May 15 2023, "T.J. Alumbaugh" <talumbau@google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 9:17âAM Cornelia Huck <cohuck@redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>> Just to make sure it's not something obvious: Have you double checked
>> that the author in git matches the address you subscribed with? Because
>> this mail came through, and having the author set to a different address
>> without realizing it is something that happens a lot.
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion. I confirmed that the Author for the git commit
> matches this email address:
>
> Author: T.J. Alumbaugh <talumbau@google.com>
>
> I also generated a cover letter for the patch, since it seems reasonable to
> include a significant "Motivation" section for a spec addition. That step
> is actually not in the guidance, but other than that, it's a pretty
> "vanilla" patch as far as I can tell. Is it undesirable to send cover
> letters for patches?

Presence of a cover letter or not should not make any difference whether
the mailing list accepts your post (I'd probably add a cover letter only
if the motivation section is too extensive for living in the git
repository in the end; if it should be included, there is nothing wrong
with a longer patch desription.)

Maybe you can try to cc: me on your submission? Then I can see where
things might have gone wrong. (Via the "--cc" option.)