Subject: Re: [virtio-comment] About the plan of Admin Queue

On 6/30/2023 3:46 PM, Xuan Zhuo wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 14:19:47 +0800, "Zhu, Lingshan" <lingshan.zhu@intel.com> wrote:

On 6/30/2023 1:54 PM, Xuan Zhuo wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:11:12 +0800, "Zhu, Lingshan" <lingshan.zhu@intel.com> wrote:
On 6/20/2023 2:44 PM, Xuan Zhuo wrote:
Hi,

hi, I would want to know some plans and progress about admin queue.

At the current spec, it seems that there is only one framework and no
specific commands. I'd like to know if anyone is currently working on this and
what the plans are.

We also faced some similar issues, and we think admin queue is a good way to
manage sr-iov.

Thanks.
I plan to rebase original transport vq on admin vq.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/virtio-comment/202208/msg00140.html
I review the patch, that is for S-IOV, right?
Yes, for SIOV and other similar devices
I think it is good.

I would if all is configured by the transport vq/admin vq from the OS?
For SIOV ADIs, this transport vq is the transport layer, so they are
configured by the OS through transport vq.
Can we create a managed dev from the backend?

Such as, the DPU sends a command to the driver, then the driver creates a new
managed dev.
I think the group owner, usually the PCI PF is the management device.

I mean the DPU hot-plug a new device. Not the managament device create a new
device.

The managament device is in the OS, we want the device is plugged by the DPU.
The PCI management(SIOV group owner) device is on the DPU, when create an ADI,
OS send a command to the DPU/PF through transport vq,
then the PF hot plugged in a new ADI through the transport vq
specific channel. Or did I misunderstand your question?

Thanks

Thanks.

Thanks
Thanks.

Thanks,
Zhu Lingshan

This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS Virtual I/O Device (VIRTIO) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
to minimize spam in the list archive, subscription is required
before posting.

Subscribe: virtio-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org
Feedback License: https://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/feedback_license.pdf
Committee: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/virtio/