Subject: RE: proposal: use admin command (and aq) of the device to query config space

Awesome and interesting to us as well.
I have draft for member device migration admin commands.
I guess yours will hit the mailing list first, so we can converge on your series.

> For SIOV, I have implemented the interfaces for querying the configurations, for
> example:
> 1) Access config space:
>
> 247 +\begin{lstlisting}
> 248 +#define VIRTIO_TRANSPTQ_CTRL_CONFIGÂÂÂ 6
> 249 +Â #define VIRTIO_TRANSPTQ_CTRL_CONFIG_GETÂÂÂ 0
> 250 +Â #define VIRTIO_TRANSPTQ_CTRL_CONFIG_SETÂÂÂ 1
> 251 +
> 252 +struct virtio_transportq_ctrl_dev_config_get {
> 253 +ÂÂÂÂÂÂ u32 offset;
> 254 +ÂÂÂÂÂÂ u32 size;
> 255 +};
> 256 +
> 257 +struct virtio_transportq_ctrl_dev_config_set {
> 258 +ÂÂÂÂÂÂ u32 offset;
> 259 +ÂÂÂÂÂÂ u32 size;
> 260 +ÂÂÂÂÂÂ u8Â data[];
> 261 +};
> 262 +\end{lstlisting}
>
> I think we can re-use the GET command for SR-IOV, I am afraid SET would be a
> side-channel attacking surface for SR-IOV.

Get and set both should be inband for PF, VF, SIOV.
I donât see any need to diverge and create any weird combinations differently for 3 different device types.