Subject: RE: [virtio] RE: [virtio-comment] proposal: use admin command (and aq) of the device to query config space

Sure, device config is the real pain point we are trying to solve first.

Using cvq for those devices who has it seems the most optimal approach.
If we liberate ourselves from single monolithic config space structure and move to query device capabilities, resources, configuration, at functionality level, life is lot easier.
What are your thoughts?