Subject: Re: proposal: use admin command (and aq) of the device to query config space

On Wed, Aug 02, 2023 at 10:00:09AM +0000, Parav Pandit wrote:

> [...]

I think there are different requirements from different people.  For
example, consider compatibility. I know it looks like super important
right now, and we should make it possible, but it's just like with
legacy interface - looked very far away when we introduced
non-transitional, to the point where an option in linux to disable
legacy talks about "flying cars", but the flying cars are nowhere to be
seen and, while we are not where everyone can just drop pre-1.0 bits, a
bunch of people are using e.g. vdpa without any legacy, express devices
in qemu also disabled legacy, and so on.

--
MST