Subject: RE: [virtio-comment] RE: RE: RE: RE: [RFC] virtio-net: support access and control the member devices

I don't think we should abstract it.
A one command that can set one or multiple fields of the config space is fine.

> > Eswith rules should be programmed through the flow vq, that we are working
> with Heng, Satananda and David.
>
> I know you are doing for the n-tuple receive flow filters.
>
> Here I mean we want to limit the ip of the VF. In the cloud case, the vm is
> untrust, we should force the vm that it just can use the specified ip.

That is fine,
 It is just that the flow filter commands may be different for ingress and egress direction of the VF.
The command that we are adding does not have concept of switch ports, because there is no switch.

For eswitch case, you would define more commands that will have switch ports...

> Then can we configure the ip of the vfs via the admin queue?

It should be through the flow filter queue so that it can be performant like nic tx/rxq which has dedicated role.
For switch use case command formats or fields needs extension.