Subject: admin: appointing/reappointing the TC chairs

As reported in November (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/202011/msg00011.html),
the latest revisions to the TC Process and the OASIS
Committee Operations Process include new requirements to periodically confirm
the TC charter and appoint or reappoint the TC chair(s).

This email is to serve as a reminder and as a call for candidates.

The chair's functions are administrative, and distict from the function
of the editors: these include: initiate voting ballots, track voting
participation wrt voting right requirements, welcome new TC members and
point them at the TC process rules, request special majority votes
from the OASIS admin.

Current chairs:

I am willing to continue as the chair.

Cornelia Huck has also started handling some of the administrative
tasks, including starting ballots. I would like to propose her as a
co-chair.

If there are more candidates, please respond to this email, copying
both myself and the TC mailing list virtio@lists.oasis-open.org within
7 days from now, by January 26, 2021.

If at that date there are no more candidates, we will handle the
reelection via a call for objections.

If there are more candidates, we will hold an electronic ballot.

Thanks!
--
MST