voting message

Subject: OASIS Board Election

Title: OASIS Board Election

Greetings:

I want to take just a moment of your time to do two things in regard to the OASIS Board of Directors Special Election that opened on Monday March 15th:

1 – The most important point – I ask you to vote.  Organizations such as OASIS succeed when members participate and regardless of who you vote for, I encourage your participation.  The link for direct access to the ballot is http://tools.oasis-open.org/election/2010/special/

2 – As a relative outsider to the OASIS Board of Directors, I feel that it is important to explain why I am asking for your vote in this election.  I have actively participated on the Board of the IJIS Institute, a more industry specific non-profit providing technical leadership, expertise, and standards development to support system integration among justice agencies.  I found the challenges of being on the Board of Directors and serving as President of the Board both exciting and meaningful.  Quite simply, I want to continue addressing those challenges with an organization that I also care about – OASIS – and making meaningful contributions.  At IJIS, I have seen how adding a member from outside of the Board of Director’s circle invigorates the Board and opens thinking beyond norms.  Thus, with my Board level experience and my external perspective, I offer a great deal to OASIS and its future.

My statement and biography are available at http://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2010special/kaelin.php   If you are interested in any specific discussions, please email or call, I welcome all inquiries.

Kind regards,

Bob K
Robert E. Kaelin, Senior Partner and Chief Operating Officer
MTG Management Consultants
1111 Third Avenue, Suite 3010
Seattle, Washington 98101-3292
www.mtgmc.com
206-442-5010 phone
253-3
12-4651 cell
206-442-5011 fax
rkaelin@mtgmc.com

Board of Directors (Through July 2010)
IJIS Institute
www.ijis.org

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.