Subject: Re: RQ draft in progress

[btusdin@mulberrytech.com:]

| Is it appropriate to discuss on the list parts of the draft that have
| not been discussed on the phone call?  What relationship do we want
| between the calls and the list discussion?

I posted the draft-in-progress just so that we all had the same copy
to read from when we meet next time.

There's certainly no rule against discussing things on the list, but
it's not a "meeting" and therefore we can't conduct business on it.
(We can use it as a form of mail for ballots, but if I remember
correctly, we have to decide to hold such a vote during a meeting.)
During our last meeting (which Lauren missed due to illness) we
decided informally that we would use the mail list for parliamentary
research questions and discuss the requirements during phone
conferences.  I now realize that this is something that should have
been decided formally.  (This takes some getting used to!)

Jon