Subject: Re: PAC: Thoughts about CS 2 (Auto vs. manual)

Jon wrote:
| The problem is that we can't let people log into phone meetings at
| random the way we can let them observe face-to-face meetings at
| random; that just doesn't work.  Phone meetings substitute lamely
| for face-to-face meetings *only* if everyone knows the other
| participants and everyone knows who is present.  But if we're not
| going to require face-to-face meetings, we can't simply substitute
| phone meetings to perform the same screening function.

Would you explain why?  The context of this paragraph is allowing
members to meet via phone instead of f2f; it's not clear to me
how observers come into it.

Would your objection be assuaged if the first meeting had to be
a face-to-face?

How does the NCITS procedure deal with the initial meeting, at
which no one is a member under the language you quoted?  Do they
set up membership under a different procedure, or is the first
meeting just a qualifying one?

regards, Terry